Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Searching a tool for Project Planning


I just want to do the
1. project planning,
2. time management,
3. bug tracking,
4. wiki,
5. associating the documents to the task itself
and everything in one application and of course the application should be open source...

I searched for an application with the above criteria but I am tired of doing it, not able to catch a single application with these features.

Finally got an application called Zoho but with lack of essence. Source Code is not available & free is not allowed for more than 1 project.

If anyone have any idea about such tool, at least with partial features which I listed above please share with me :)

8 comments:

  1. how about JIRA ? i am not sure of the wiki but it does others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JIRA is having some of the good feature but it is too expensive...I believe in ERM, offshore team used this for bug tracking in OFS environment(Only for OCM module)

      Delete
  2. By the way my cousin works at ZOHO the company was previously called Adventnet and was started by Vembu brothers, IIT'ians.

    My brother said they were so environment friendly they used to come to office in Cycle when ever they can.

    Impressive Entrepreneurs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoho is somewhat better when compared to others...I know one of the development is in chennai but not aware it's from advent net...

      Delete
  3. There is one called Trac Project(http://trac.edgewall.org/) I used way back in 2004/5. It was very simple and to the point when it comes to wiki, issue tracking, repository integration and in-build code review. It says it helps in Project Management as well but haven't tried it. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aasai... dosai... appalam.. vadai..!

    ReplyDelete